Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wine Monday on Wednesday

Ok So I am a few days late on this. I would have posted it on Monday but the Gallo brands were still on sale and I had two bottles to finish. I finally bought a bottle of German white wine yesterday. I like German wines. They tend to be cheap, light and refreshing. I tried a 2006 Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch. It's a good thing I don't have to pronouce the wines, I just have to drink them. At only $5.99 a bottle, I was impressed. It must have been really good because I drank almost the entire bottle and barely had enough left to refresh my taste buds as I write this. I like wines that I can just sip after dinner. This was like a crisp pear, slightly tangy but very good. This would also be a good picnic wine as it has a screw cap instead of a cork.

No comments: