1 16 oz package of tofu
2 clusters of bean thread noodles( these usually come in a bag with 3-4 clusters in a bag)
6 shitake mushrooms
1/2 medium onion
1 clove garlic
1/4 can bamboo shoots
3-4 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon thai red curry paste
1 14 oz can coconut milk
vegetable oil for frying
Heat oil in large pan on medium heat. Add water to pot and bring to a boil.
- While water is heating, chop tofu and add to oil. Cook approximately 3-5 minutes until tofu starts to turn light brown.
- Chop shitake mushrooms and onion and add to pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes until tofu is slightly darker.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 2 more minutes then add bamboo shoots.
- Add fish sauce and stir. Add the thai curry paste and stir until it melts into the dish. If you like spicy food you can add another teaspoon of curry paste.
- Add coconut milk and stir. Bring mixture to a soft boil and then lower heat to let it simmer.
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook according to package directions. When done drain and rinse then add to tofu mixture and combine.