Friday, May 23, 2008

Food Snob

We are going away for the Memorial Day Holiday. A nice rustic cabin in the woods in the middle of nowhere, West Virginia and my in-laws are in the cabin next door. Now don't get me wrong. I love my in-laws. They are wonderful people that have accepted me and my son into their family with love and compassion. However, they are not gourmet food people. I am so spoiled by my beautiful salads like this one:


Goodness even the picture makes me want to lick the screen. I realize I have become a food snob. I'll take a few food items with me, but I feel like it is rude to take to much. My Mother in-law really tries to stock some foods for Jared and I. Jared was a vegetarian in his teens so she is used to his idiosyncrasies. But mostly it's junk food, pop, and canned vegetables with some fresh sliced vegetables, pimento spread and plain cheese all bought at the local Wal-Mart. I will miss my salads with dried cranberries, pecans and goat cheese. I will crave fresh radishes with butter and sea salt and the flavors of kale and beans will dance through my dreams. Three whole days, can I live through it?

No comments: